About Me

My photo
I am a simple country girl who loves life and lives it to the fullest. I cook for one of the greatest families ever. Cooking is my passion and I consider it as well to be my gift.

Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

HEARTS OF PALM SALAD

This is one of my favorite salads to make. I think it is one of the best things I have ever ate in my life. Serve it with the GALLO PINTO.

2 (16oz.) cans of hearts of palm
1/3 cup each of red and yellow chopped bell pepper
1 tablespoon each of chopped parsley, fresh lemon juice and Dijon mustard
2 tablespoons chicken or vegetable broth
1 tablespoon olive oil
grond pepper to taste
a little salt
lettuce leaves

Drain the hearts of palm, cut into 12-inch pieces and put in a large bowl. Stir in the red and yellow pepper and parsley. In a small bow, whisk together lemon juice, mustard, broth and oil. Drizle over the hearts of palm and toss gently. Season to taste.

To Serve: Line a serving bowl with lettuce leaves, spoon the salad on top and serve.

“A salad is not a meal. It is a style.”~Fran Lebowitz

No comments:

Post a Comment