About Me

My photo
I am a simple country girl who loves life and lives it to the fullest. I cook for one of the greatest families ever. Cooking is my passion and I consider it as well to be my gift.

Search This Blog

Thursday, February 18, 2010

CHOCOLATE ICE CREAM BALLS

This sinfully delicious dessert is super easy to make. Look for amaretti cokies in the gourmet section of your supermarket. And if chocolate chocolate chip ice cream isn't available, simply substitute your favorite chocolate ice cream.

2 cups amaretti cookies
1 pint chocolate chocolate chip ice cream
3/4 cup hot fudge topping, warmed
1/4 cup almond liqueur

Crush cookies in a heavy-duty zip-top plastic bag, using a rolling pin. Shape ice cream into 8 balls, using a small ice cream scoop or spoon. Roll each ball in cookie crums, coating evenly. Reserve remaining crumbs. Place balls in an 8-inch square pan; freeze until firm.

To Serve: Place 2 balls into each of 4 dessert bowls. Drizzle each serving with 3 tablespoons fudge sauce and 1 tablespoon liqueur. Sprinkle with reserved crumbs.
Yield: 4 servings

"Ice cream is exquisite. What a pity it isn't illegal."~Voltaire

"

1 comment:

  1. This looks really delicious. I would like to learn how to make these. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete