About Me

My photo
I am a simple country girl who loves life and lives it to the fullest. I cook for one of the greatest families ever. Cooking is my passion and I consider it as well to be my gift.

Search This Blog

Monday, February 8, 2010

GEORGE DICKEL TENNESSEE SIPPIN' WHISKEY CAKE

Everybody likes this cake but me. I prefer to drink Dickel rather than eat it. I don't like Rum Balls either. Every Christmas I turn out these cakes in record number and ship them out to all of my clients. Certain ones hide them in cold rooms in their massive homes. Need I say more.

1 pkg. yellow cake mix
1 cup chopped walnuts
6 1/2 oz. pkg. instant vanilla pudding
1/2 cup cold water
1/2 cup corn oil
4 eggs
1/2 cup George Dickel Sourmash Bourbon whiskey

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a 12-inch Bundt pan. Put nuts in bottom of pan and then mix remaining ingredients with electric mixer until well mixed, about 3 minutes. Pour over nuts. Bake for about 1 hour.
Let cake cool and invert onto serving dish. Prick top and sides with toothpick.

SUGAR GLAZE:
2 sticks butter
1/2 cup George Dickel whiskey
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup water

In small pan melt butter. Blend in sugar and water. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly for 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Cool for a few minutes and then add George Dickel. Slowly pour small amount of glaze over top and sides allowing time for cake to completely absorb glaze.

"Reddish amber hue. Spicy toffee and walnut nose with a whiff of charcoal. A robust entry leads to a faintly sweet medium-bodied palate with treacle, nuts, and spicy oak elements. Finishes with caramle, rancio, and a brash wave of brown spices. An extroverted Tennessee whisky."-(tastings.com)

1 comment:

  1. I’ve made this cake at least a dozen times over the years, it never fails to impress. It always disappears. Prefer to use pecans. CafeRoy

    ReplyDelete