About Me

My photo
I am a simple country girl who loves life and lives it to the fullest. I cook for one of the greatest families ever. Cooking is my passion and I consider it as well to be my gift.

Search This Blog

Monday, February 22, 2010

ONION SHORTCAKE

“The onion and its satin wrappings is among the most beautiful of vegetables and is the only one that represents the essence of things. It can be said to have a soul.”~Charles Dudley Warner, My Summer in a Garden (1871)

2 large sweet onions, thinly sliced
1/2 stick butter
1 cup sour cream
1/2 teaspoon dill weed
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
1 (8oz.) pkg. corn muffin mix
1 (15-oz.) can cream-style corn
1/2 cup evaporated milk
1 egg
4 drops Tabasco sauce

Saute the onion in the butter in a skillet until translucent. Stir in the sour cream, dill weed, salt and half the cheese. Combine the remaining ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Pour into a buttered 8X11 baking dish. Layer the onion mixture over the corn mixture. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake at 325 degrees for 30 to 40 minutes or until heated through.
Serves: 8 to 10

No comments:

Post a Comment