About Me

My photo
I am a simple country girl who loves life and lives it to the fullest. I cook for one of the greatest families ever. Cooking is my passion and I consider it as well to be my gift.

Search This Blog

Thursday, February 25, 2010

ADULT CHRISTMAS TREATS

Just because I don't like to eat 'spirits' does not mean that others do not. These little balls are sinful and would make an addictive addition to your Holiday giving treats. Place in the tiny foil baking cups and pack in a Christmas tin with the layers seperated by dollies. Your recipients will be glad you did!

2 cups chopped pecans
2 cups vanilla wafer crumbs
2 cups sifted confectioners' sugar
1/4 cup good cocoa
pinch of salt
3 Tbsp. white corn syrup
1/4 cup plus 2 Tbsp. whiskey (use whatever you have)
confectioners sugar, sifted

Toast pecans in 350 degree oven for 4 to 5 minutes, watch carefully and do not allow to burn. (Trust me, burning them is easy to do. Usually when you begin to smell them they are ready.) Combine them with wafer crumbs, confectioners sugar, cocoa and salt. Combine whiskey and corn syrup and add to crumb mixture. Shape into balls using a tablespoon for each one. Roll in the confectioners' sugar.
Yield: Between 6 and 7 dozen.

"Once, during Prohibition, I was forced to live for days on nothing but food and water." ~W.C. Fields

No comments:

Post a Comment