About Me

My photo
I am a simple country girl who loves life and lives it to the fullest. I cook for one of the greatest families ever. Cooking is my passion and I consider it as well to be my gift.

Search This Blog

Monday, February 8, 2010

APRICOT BRANDY POUND CAKE

2 sticks butter, softened
3 cups sugar
6 eggs
1 (8oz.) carton sour cream
1/2 cup apricot brandy
1 tsp. orange extract
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 tsp each of lemon and rum extract
1/4 tsp. almond extract
3 cups all-purpose flour..do not sub self-rising
1/4 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp.salt

Cream butter; gradually add sugar, beating well at medium speed on your electric mixer. Beat in eggs, one at a time.
Combine sour cream and next 6 ingredients with a wire whisk. Combine remaining dry ingredients; mix well.
Pour batter into a greased and floured 10-inch tube pan. Bake at 325 degrees for 1 hour and 45 minutes. Cool in pan 15 minutes; remove from pan, allow to cool completely.

"More varied than any landscape was the landscape in the sky, with islands of gold and silver, peninsulas of apricot and rose against a background of many shades of turquoise and azure.”-Cecil Beaton

No comments:

Post a Comment