About Me

My photo
I am a simple country girl who loves life and lives it to the fullest. I cook for one of the greatest families ever. Cooking is my passion and I consider it as well to be my gift.

Search This Blog

Thursday, February 18, 2010

BUTTER PECAN ICE CREAM

Butter Pecan is my favorite ice cream...though I never met an ice cream I did not like...but this particular flavor speaks to me everytime it crosses over my lips...rich undertones of the earthy buttery nut and vanilla flavored cream...

2 cups chopped pecans
3 tablespoons butter, melted
2 quarts milk
2 1/2 cups sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 (12oz.) cans evaporated milk
2 (3.4oz) packages vanilla instant pudding mix

Saute pecans in butter in a large skillet 3 to 5 minutes or until toasted. Set aside to cool.

Combine remaining ingredients, stiring well with a wire whisk. Pout mixture into freezer container of a 1 1/2 to 2 gallon hand-turned or electric freezer. Freeze 10 minutes or until ice cream begins to thicken. Remove dasher, add pecans. Return dasher; freeze according to manufacturers instructions. Pack freezer with additional ice and rock salt, and let stand for 1 hour before serving.
Yield: 1 gallon

“Having in my life been bitten by the jaws of both victory and defeat, I must rush to add that success is to failure as butter pecan ice cream is to death.”~Rupert Holmes

No comments:

Post a Comment