About Me

My photo
I am a simple country girl who loves life and lives it to the fullest. I cook for one of the greatest families ever. Cooking is my passion and I consider it as well to be my gift.

Search This Blog

Sunday, February 14, 2010

TASTY TACO PIZZA

Tried and true and all ages love it. Fed my children this when they were still at home and the neighbors children, and cousins, and friends. When we lived in Linville there were always people dropping in. Miss those days, but it is SNOWING there right at this moment and NOT here!

1 lb. ground beef
16 oz. can tomato sauce
1 (1.25 oz.) pkg. taco seasoning mix
1 (8oz.) can crescent rolls
1/2 lb. Velveeta cheese, cubed
1 cup shredded lettuce
1/2 cup chopped tomato
1 small can black olive slices

Brown meat, drain. Stir in tomato sauce and taco seasoning mix, simmer 5 minutes. Unroll dough, press onto bottom and sides with fork. Bake at 375 degrees, 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown. Cover crust with meat mixture; top with Velveeta cheese. Continue baking until cheese begins to melt. Top with remaining ingredients. Serve with dollops of sour cream. Serves 4 to 6.

THE HOUSE BY THE SIDE OF THE ROAD
"There are hermit souls that live withdrawn, in the peace of their self-content: There are souls like stars, that dwell apart, in a fellowness firmament; there are pioneer souls that blaze their paths, where highways never ran-but let me live by the side of the road and be a friend to man.
Let me live in a house by the side of the road where the race of men go by-the men who are good and the men who are bad, as good and as bad as I. I would not sit in the scorner's seat, or hurl the cynic's ban-let me live in the house by the side of the road and be a friend to man.
I see from the house by the side of the road, by the side of the highway of life, the men who press with ardor of hope, the men who are faint with the strife. Bur I turn not away from their smiles or their tears, both parts of an infinate plan-Let me live in the house by the side of the road and be a friend to man.
I know there are brook-gladdened meadows ahead, and mountains of wearisome height, that the road passes on through the long afternoon, and stretches way into the night. And still I rejoice when the travelers rejoice and weep with the strangers that moan, as I live in my house by the side of the road and be a friend to man."-Sam Walter Foss

No comments:

Post a Comment