About Me

My photo
I am a simple country girl who loves life and lives it to the fullest. I cook for one of the greatest families ever. Cooking is my passion and I consider it as well to be my gift.

Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

PICADILLO

Picadillo is a traditional dish served in many Latin American countries. This Cuban recipe would go well with the Black Beans, Hearts of Palm Salad and My Favorite Rice.

1 medium onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
1 lb. extra lean ground beef, ground
1/4 cup sherry (optional)
1/2 teaspoon each of cumin and oregano
1/8 teaspoon salt
pinch of ground red pepper
1/4 cup raisins
1 cup diced fresh or canned pineapple
1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper

In a large skillet over medium high heat brown the ground beef, onion, and garlic until the onion is tender and the meat is no longer pink and the juices run clear. Drain off all fat. Add all remaining ingredients except the green and red bell peppers. Bring to a simmer and cook 5 minutes. Add green and red bell peppers and heat through. Serve with rice or bread.
Serves:4

No comments:

Post a Comment