About Me

My photo
I am a simple country girl who loves life and lives it to the fullest. I cook for one of the greatest families ever. Cooking is my passion and I consider it as well to be my gift.

Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

KEY LIME RUM CAKE

If you love a key lime pie then you will definately love this key lime cake. It is as refreshing as a warm summer rain.

1 (18.25oz.) pkg. lemon supreme cake mix
1 (3.4oz.) pkg. lemon instant pudding mix
4 eggs
1/2 cup rum
1/2 cup Key Lime juice, the real thing, not bottled
1/2 cup canola oil
2 cups sifted powdered sugar
1/4 cup Key lime juice

Combine first six ingredients; beat 2 minutes at medium speed of an electric mixer. Pour batter into a greased and floured 13X9 pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Allow to cool completely.

Combine powdered sugar and the 1/4 cup of Key lime juice; drizzle over cake. Cut into squares.
Serves; 15 to 18

"Don't do the crime if you can't do the KEY LIME!"~Homer Simpson

No comments:

Post a Comment