About Me

My photo
I am a simple country girl who loves life and lives it to the fullest. I cook for one of the greatest families ever. Cooking is my passion and I consider it as well to be my gift.

Search This Blog

Monday, February 1, 2010

BEEF STROGANOFF

This is for Holly Coffey. Holly, I make this for the Dickson's when I have leftover tenderloin, use whatever beef you have. It is very good.

1 1/2 lbs. sirloin beef tips
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
3 tablespoons canola oil
1 large sweet onion, diced
16oz. pkg. fresh mushrooms, sliced
2 cups beef broth
2 tablespoons tomato paste
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1 (16oz.) pkg. egg noodles
1/2 cup sherry
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 (8oz.) sour cream
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley

Sprinkle beef tips evenly with salt and pepper.
Cook beef in hot oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add onion and mushrooms, and saute 3 to 5 minutes or until tender.
Stir broth, tomato paste and mustard into beef mixture. Cover, reduce heat to low, and cook 1 hour or until beef is tender.
Cook noodles according to package directions; drain.
Combine sherry and flour; stir into beef mixture, and cook, stirring constantly, until thickened. Stir in sour cream. Serve over hot egg noodles; sprinkle with parsley.

"Stroganoff is Marvelous Darlin, just Marvelous!"-Adele Forbes

No comments:

Post a Comment