About Me

My photo
I am a simple country girl who loves life and lives it to the fullest. I cook for one of the greatest families ever. Cooking is my passion and I consider it as well to be my gift.

Search This Blog

Friday, February 19, 2010

LAYERED SPINACH SALAD

This is not yo' mama's spinach salad...cheese filled tortellini, red cabbage, cherry tomatoes, green onions, bacon and ranch dressing strut their stuff when paired up with the fresh spinach!

1 (9oz.) pkg. refrigerated cheese-filled tortellini
2 cups shredded red cabbage
6 cups lightly packed torn fresh spinach
1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
1/2 cup sliced green onions
1 (8oz.) bottle Ranch dressing
8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled

Cook tortelini according to package directions; drain. Rinse with cold water; drain.

Layer cabbage, spinach, tortellini, tomatoes, and green onions in a 3-quart trifle bowl or 9X13 baking dish. Pour dressing over salad. Cover and chill at least 3 hours. Sprinkle with crumbled bacon just before serving.
Serves: 6

“He that sups upon salad, goes not to bed fasting”~Thomas Fuller, English clergyman (1608-1661)

No comments:

Post a Comment