About Me

My photo
I am a simple country girl who loves life and lives it to the fullest. I cook for one of the greatest families ever. Cooking is my passion and I consider it as well to be my gift.

Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

GREEN CHILIE CHICKEN LASAGNA

This Mexican type lasagna replaces the noodles with flour tortillas. It is delicious and delightfully different than the lasagna you may be use to. By all means give it a try.

2 (10oz.) cans Rotel tomatoes with green chilies
1 can cream of onion soup
2 cups chopped cooked chicken
6 green onions, sliced
6 (7-inch) flour tortillas
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
1 (8oz.) pkg. Monterey Jack cheese with peppers, shredded

Stir together diced tomatoes and green chilies and onion soup in a saucepan until blended. Cook over medium-high heat 6 to 8 minutes. Stir in chicken and green onions.

Arrange 2 tortillas in bottom of a lightly greased 11X7 baking dish, and spread 1/3 of tomato mixture on top; sprinkle with 1/3 of cheese. Repeat layers twice, ending with cheese.

Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Serves 6

"I never met a lasagna I didn't like."~Garfield

No comments:

Post a Comment