About Me

My photo
I am a simple country girl who loves life and lives it to the fullest. I cook for one of the greatest families ever. Cooking is my passion and I consider it as well to be my gift.

Search This Blog

Sunday, February 14, 2010

BACON, LETTUCE, & TOMATO SALAD

If you find yourself yearning for a BLT sandwich, but need to skip out on the fat and carbs, then this little number should work for you.

5 strips turkey bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
1/4 cup olive oil
1 tablespoon cider vinegar
3 tablespoons chopped red onion
2 cups torn romaine
2 cups iceberg lettuce leaves
1/2 cup diced tomato

Combine oil, vinegar and onion in large bowl, whisking well to combine. Add lettuces, bacon, onion and tomato.

"The best six doctors anywhere
And no one can deny it
Are sunshine, water, rest, and air
Exercise and diet.
These six will gladly you attend
If only you are willing
Your mind they'll ease
Your will they'll mend
And charge you not a shilling."
~Nursery rhyme quoted by Wayne Fields, What the River Knows, 1990

No comments:

Post a Comment