About Me

My photo
I am a simple country girl who loves life and lives it to the fullest. I cook for one of the greatest families ever. Cooking is my passion and I consider it as well to be my gift.

Search This Blog

Friday, February 12, 2010

BLACK BOTTOM CUPCAKES

Today is my friend Robert Lee Fosters birthday and a little birdie told me he likes cupcakes and loves chocolate, so I am thinking this should hit his spot. Happy Birthday Robert, I wish for you the most fabulous day!

8 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
1 egg
1/3 cup sugar
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup cocoa
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup water
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 tablespoon white vinegar
1 teaspoon vanilla

Line muffin tins with cupcake papers. Using wooden spoon, blend cream cheese, egg, sugar and salt in mixing bowl. Carefully fold in chocolate chips, set aside.

Combine dry ingredients in another bowl, mixing well. Add remaining ingredients and blend thoroughly. Fill cupcake papers about 3/4 full with bater. Drop 1 heaping tablespoon cream cheese mixture into center of each. Bake at 375 degrees for 35 to 40 minutes.
Yield: 18 cupcakes

COOKS NOTE: These stay moist for several weeks. Yummy...

"A birthday is just the first day of another 365-day journey around the sun. Enjoy the trip."~Author Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment