About Me

My photo
I am a simple country girl who loves life and lives it to the fullest. I cook for one of the greatest families ever. Cooking is my passion and I consider it as well to be my gift.

Search This Blog

Monday, February 8, 2010

PORTOBELLO MUSHROOMS (Nov.28th, 2009)

I have always had a love affair with mushrooms. Their earthiness speaks to me. The aroma when they are cooking. The taste..the smell..the texture..

6 cloves garlic, minced
2 shallots, finely chopped
1/2 stick butter, melted
2 tsp. olive oil
1 1/2 lbs. portobello mushrooms, cut crosswise into 1/4-inch thick slices
1/2 cup balsamic vinegar

Cook garlic and shallot in butter and oil in your largest pot over medium heat until tender, stirring often. Add mushrooms; cook about 5 minutes until just tender, stirring now and then. Add vinegar; cook a few more minutes, stirring.
Yield: 6 servings

"He is of the race of the mushroom; he covers himself altogether with his head."-Plautus

No comments:

Post a Comment