About Me

My photo
I am a simple country girl who loves life and lives it to the fullest. I cook for one of the greatest families ever. Cooking is my passion and I consider it as well to be my gift.

Search This Blog

Sunday, February 14, 2010

RUTABAGA WHIP

You either like a rutabaga or you don't. It's like cilantro, or an anchovie..and what else??? Help me here. I know there are alot more. Myself I love the mellow earthiness of the rutabaga and when you pair them with regular potatoes, butter, and whipping cream...well, what can I say..it works for me every time.

2 lbs. rutabagas, peeled and chopped
6 cups water
2 lbs. baking potatoes, peeled and chopped
1/2 stick butter, room temperature
1/2 cup whipping cream
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper

Combine rutabagas and water in large pot, bring to a boil, and cook 15 minutes. Add potato and cook 15 minutes more or until tender; drain well.
Add remaining ingredients to potatoes and mix with a large wire whisk or electric mixer until nice and fluffy.
Serves 6 to 8.

“Never eat rutabaga on any day of the week that has a "y" in it”-anon

No comments:

Post a Comment