About Me

My photo
I am a simple country girl who loves life and lives it to the fullest. I cook for one of the greatest families ever. Cooking is my passion and I consider it as well to be my gift.

Search This Blog

Monday, February 22, 2010

MARINATED MUSHROOMS & ONIONS

I love to cook with tarragon vinegar. Try it in your coleslaw or pickled shrimp. Pair it with onions and mushrooms and listen as your taste buds come alive!

1 lb. whole fresh mushrooms
2 tablespoons butter
1 cup tarragon vinegar
3/4 cup vegetable oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon sugar
3 tablespoons water
1 teaspoon salt
3 to 4 dashes Tabasco
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1 large sweet onion, thinly sliced

Saute mushrooms in butter.

Combine vinegar, oil, garlic, sugar, water, salt, Tabasco and pepper.

Combine mushrooms and butter with onion. Add to vinegar mixture.
Store in airtight container overnight in refrigerator, turning several times.

Partially drain before serving.
Serves 10


"Onions can make even heirs and widows weep."~Benjamin Franklin

No comments:

Post a Comment