About Me

My photo
I am a simple country girl who loves life and lives it to the fullest. I cook for one of the greatest families ever. Cooking is my passion and I consider it as well to be my gift.

Search This Blog

Sunday, February 21, 2010

SOUTH-OF-THE-BORDER POTATO SALAD

Potato salad gets a new spin on how things are done when tomatoes, green and purple onions, cilantro, and green chiles are added to the mix along with a lime juice and Dijon mustard dressing. Imagine.....

1 3/4 lbs. new potatoes, unpeeled
1 large tomato, peeled and chopped
1/4 cup each of purple onion, green onion and chopped fresh cilantro
1/4 cup canned chopped green chiles
2 cups mayonnaise
2 tablespoons lime juice
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
1 clove garlic, crushed
1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
Garnishes: chopped tomato, chopped green onions

Cook potatoes in boiling water, to cover 20 minutes or until tender; drain and let cool slightly. Cut into 1/2-inch pieces.

Combine potato, tomato and next 4 ingredients in a large bowl; toss gently. Combine mayonnaise and next 4 ingredients; stir well. Pour dressing oiver potato mixture; toss. Cover and chill thoroughly. Garnish to serve.
Yield: 12 servings

"South of the Border, West of the Sun
In a place far away from anyone or anywhere, I drifted off for a moment."~Accidental Fame Junkie

No comments:

Post a Comment