About Me

My photo
I am a simple country girl who loves life and lives it to the fullest. I cook for one of the greatest families ever. Cooking is my passion and I consider it as well to be my gift.

Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

SMOKEY BLACK BEANS

A big 'Thank You' goes up to Sharon Buchanun Fitzwater for sharing this awesome recipe with all of us!

1 pound dry black beans, soaked overnight
4 teaspoons bacon drippings
1 onion, chopped
2 teaspoons hickory-flavored liquid smoke
2 tablespoons dark molasses
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
4 slices pickled jalapeno peppers


1. Drain the black beans from their soaking water and place in a slow cooker. Fill with enough fresh water to cover them. Cover and set to High.
2. Heat bacon drippings in a skillet over medium heat. Add onions; cook and stir until tender. Stir this into the beans along with the brown sugar, liquid smoke, molasses and jalapeno slices. Stir to blend, then cover and cook on High for 5 to 6 hours, or until beans are tender.

"Friends are kisses blown to us by angels."~anon

No comments:

Post a Comment