About Me

My photo
I am a simple country girl who loves life and lives it to the fullest. I cook for one of the greatest families ever. Cooking is my passion and I consider it as well to be my gift.

Search This Blog

Sunday, February 14, 2010

CROCKPOT LASAGNA

Here is another very good recipe that I have been making since my children were still at home. They are both grown now with children of their own. I tried to instill in them the love of good food as they were growing up, just as it had been instilled in me in my grandmothers kitchen. It is a pure and simple love.

1 (10oz.) pkg. lasagna noodles, broken into bite-size pieces
1 lb. ground beef
1/2 lb. Italian sausage
1 sweet onion, chopped
1 garlic clove, minced
12 ozs. mozzarella cheese, shredded
1 (12oz.) carton cottage cheese
12 oz. tomato paste
1/2 cup water
1 tsp. basil
1/2 tsp. pepper
1 1/2 Tbsp. dried parsley flakes

Cook noodles according to package directions until just tender, drain. Brown ground beef and sausage, drain grease. Place in lightly greased crock-pot. Add all remaining ingredients. Stir to mix thoroughly. Cover, cook on LOW 7 to 9 hours; or on HIGH 3 to 5.
SERVES: 6 to 8

“We signal the captain, taking time out against the wall. He frowns. He groans. His feet hurt. His ulcer rages. He hates his wife. The risotto will take 25 minutes. Lasagna will take even longer.”-Gael Greene

No comments:

Post a Comment