About Me

My photo
I am a simple country girl who loves life and lives it to the fullest. I cook for one of the greatest families ever. Cooking is my passion and I consider it as well to be my gift.

Search This Blog

Friday, February 5, 2010

NEW ENGLAND CLAM CHOWDER

Sharon Buchanun Fitzwater shared this recipe and it truly sounds divine. I can't wait to try it! Thanks you so much Sharon. Excellent work....

6 - 6oz. cans chopped clams
4 pieces celery, diced
1 med sweet onion, diced
10 to 12 potatoes, peeled and diced
2 quarts half &half
1 stick real butter
1/3 cup sugar
1 Tbsp salt
1 tsp pepper

Put everything except for 1 quart of the half & half in a large pot and cook on medium heat until potatoes are fork tender. Add remaining half & half and heat through. Enjoy! It's wonderful!
Okay, this is the BEST Clam Chowder I have ever tasted.

No comments:

Post a Comment