About Me

My photo
I am a simple country girl who loves life and lives it to the fullest. I cook for one of the greatest families ever. Cooking is my passion and I consider it as well to be my gift.

Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

MEXICAN CHEESE PIE

We love this Mexican themed pie which is topped with sliced avocado and my homemade salsa and dabs of sour cream. Serve with a green salad and a salt-rimmed Margarita.

6 6-inch flour tortillas
1 small sweet onion, diced
1 large tomato, peeled and chopped
1 (4-oz.) can diced green chiles, drained
1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
3 tablespoons self-rising flour
1/2 cup milk
3 eggs, beaten
1 medium avocado, peeled and sliced
salsa sour cream

Line bottom and sides of a well-greased 9-inch quiche dish with tortillas. Top with onion, tomato, green chiles, and cheese.

Combine flour, milk, and eggs, stirring until smooth. Pour mixture into quiche dish.Bake at 350 degrees for 40 to 45 minutes. Top with avocado. Serve with salsa and sour cream.
Serves: 6

“I remember when I was around 12 I learned about the three A's for the first time: asparagus, artichokes, and avocados. I think I tried all three for the first time in the same year, and they've been favorites of mine ever since.”~David Reiley

No comments:

Post a Comment