About Me

My photo
I am a simple country girl who loves life and lives it to the fullest. I cook for one of the greatest families ever. Cooking is my passion and I consider it as well to be my gift.

Search This Blog

Friday, February 26, 2010

HOTTER-N-FIRE SHRIMP

Shrimp, beer, and hot sauce lovers, this is for you. The flavors are unbelieveable. Everytime I make it I have to share the recipe. Hooks them, shrimp, line and sinker everytime.
4 cups water
4 cups dark beer (I use Dos Equis (XX) Dark)
2 lbs. unpeeled large shrimp
2 sticks butter
1 cup olive oil
1 (6oz.) bottle red hot sauce
4 bay leaves
3 cloves garlic, crushed
juice of 2 lemons
1 1/2 tablespoons fine herbes
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
lemon slices and red leafed lettuce for garnish

Bring water and beer to a boil in a large pot. Add shrimp, cook 3 to 5 minutes, just until shrimp turn pink. Drain in colander; rinse well with cold water. Peel and devein shrimp.

Melt butter in a large heavy pot; add next 8 ingredients. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes. Add shrimp and marinate in refrigerator at least 1 hour. Using a slotted spoon, transfer shrimp to a serving bowl or platter. Garnish with lemon slices and lettuce. Serve with fresh slices of sourdough bread.

COOKS NOTE: A blend of herbs, finely chopped, and used o garnish or season a dish. It usually consists of a blend of parsley or chervil, chives, tarragon, basil and thyme.

"Fire inside, burns hotter than fire outside."~anon

No comments:

Post a Comment