About Me

My photo
I am a simple country girl who loves life and lives it to the fullest. I cook for one of the greatest families ever. Cooking is my passion and I consider it as well to be my gift.

Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

MARGARITA GUACAMOLE

This is for Sharon Buchanun Fitzwater; here is your chance to enjoy the sweet-and-sour tang of a margarita's familiar blend of tequila, orange liqueur, and lime juice. There are only 2 tablespoons of actual alcohol in the whole recipe so it is not enough to worry about and this happens to be one of my very favorite guacamole recipes.

2 avocados, peeled and chopped
3 tablespoons lime juice
1 tablespoon tequila
1 tablespoon orange liqueur
4 green onions, sliced
2 plum tomatoes, chopped
1 or 2 fresh jalapenos, seeded and minced
1 to 2 tablespoons of chopped fresh cilantro
1 garlic cloves, minced
1/4 teaspoon salt

Combine avocado and lime juice, stirring to coat; mash mixture with a fork. (mixture will be lumpy).
Add tequila and remaining ingredients, stirring until well blended. Serve with tortilla chips.
Yield; 2 cups

"...the avocado is a food without rival among the fruits, the veritable fruit of paradise"~David Fairchild

No comments:

Post a Comment