About Me

My photo
I am a simple country girl who loves life and lives it to the fullest. I cook for one of the greatest families ever. Cooking is my passion and I consider it as well to be my gift.

Search This Blog

Sunday, February 14, 2010

GOLEAN CINNAMON MARSHMALLOW CRISPY BARS

Kashi's Golean Crunch multi-grain cereal is one of my favorite breakfast cereals. Here is a new and nutritious way to enjoy it.

3 tablespoons butter
1 (10.5-oz) bag miniature marshmallows
1 (15oz.) box Kashi Golean multi-grain cluster cereal
1 1/4 cup dried cranberries, divided
1/2 cup toasted pecan pieces
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
cooking spray

Melt butter in large pot over medium low heat. Add marshmallows, and cook, stirring constantly until melted and smooth. Remove from heat. Stir in cereal and 1 cup cranberries, coating well. Press mixture into a 9X13 baking dish which has been coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle peacans and remaining cranberries which have veen chopped over mixture. Dust with cinnamon. Allow to stand about 15 minutes until firm. Cut into 24 bars.

"The power of love to change bodies is legendary, built into folklore, common sense, and everyday experience. Love moves the flesh, it pushes matter around.... Throughout history, "tender loving care" has uniformly been recognized as a valuable element in healing."~Larry Dossey

No comments:

Post a Comment