About Me

My photo
I am a simple country girl who loves life and lives it to the fullest. I cook for one of the greatest families ever. Cooking is my passion and I consider it as well to be my gift.

Search This Blog

Friday, February 26, 2010

MORNIN' DARLIN' POTATOES (Dated Dec.4th, 2009)

Potatoes at breakfast are always welcome on my plate. Pass the ketchup please. And while you're at it, toss some cheese in with those scrambled eggs.

2 red potatoes, unpeeled
2 Yukon Gold potatoes, unpeeled
1/2 stick butter
1/2 cup chopped sweet onion
2 Tbsp. finely chopped garlic
2 Tbsp. chopped red bell pepper
2 Tbsp. chopped green bell pepper
2 tsp. paprika
pinch or two of cayenne pepper
kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to taste

Boil the scrubbed potatoes until almost cooked, about 20 minutes. Cool and cut into 1/2 cubes.

Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add potatoes and remaining ingredients. Cook, stirring now and then until potatoes are browned, about 20 to 25 minutes. Serve with a smile :~)
Serves 4.

“"I'm feeling so good. I feel like a million bucks. I'm focused, I'm alert, I'm zippy and top of my game.. I've never felt better! I'm sharp as a tack right now. And what's weird is that I didn't get a good nights sleep last night. And they say that's the most important thing..Or is it breakfast they said?..That's the most important meal of the day, breakfast...yes. And then it's 'i' before 'e' I know that..Um.. diamonds are a girl's best friend. Dog is a man's best friend.. What was I talking about?..Oh that's right, that I feel great and I'm at the top of my game. And it's odd because I didn't get hardly any sleep last night. And, they say that's the most important thing."- Ellen DeGeneres

No comments:

Post a Comment