About Me

My photo
I am a simple country girl who loves life and lives it to the fullest. I cook for one of the greatest families ever. Cooking is my passion and I consider it as well to be my gift.

Search This Blog

Monday, February 22, 2010

CARAMELIZED ONION, WALNUT & BLEU CHEESE PIZZA

Red onions caramelized in butter star along side of walnuts and bleu cheese in this highly tasty pizza. Three of my favorite things!

2 tablespoons butter
5 medium red onions
salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
1 Boboli Italian pizza crust
1/2 cup crumbled bleu cheese
1/2 cup walnut pieces

Melt the butter in a large skillet. Add the onions. Cook over low heat for 20 to 30 minutes or until soft and golden, stirring constantly. Season generously with salt and pepper. Remove from heat.

Place the piza crust on a baking sheet. Spread the onion mixture over the top. Sprinkle with the bleu cheese and walnut pieces. Bake at 450 degrees for 10 minutes.
Serves: 6 to 8

"Red onions are especially divine. I hold a slice up to the sunlight pouring in through the kitchen window, and it glows like a fine piece of antique glass. Cool watery-white with layers delicately edged with imperial purple...strong, humble, peaceful...with that fiery nub of spring green in the center..."~Mary Hayes Grieco, 'The Kitchen Mystic'

No comments:

Post a Comment