About Me

My photo
I am a simple country girl who loves life and lives it to the fullest. I cook for one of the greatest families ever. Cooking is my passion and I consider it as well to be my gift.

Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

PARTY HARDY MARGARITAS

If you are having a party this is the perfect Margarita recipe as it can be done up to 2 days in advance and serves 15 to 20 thirsty people.

1 bottle (1.75 liters) tequila
2 cups Triple Sec
4 cans (12oz. each)frozen limeade concentrate, thawed and undiluted
4 quarts of water
2 cans (10oz. each) frozen margarita mix, thawed
lime juice
coarse-grained salt
lime slices for garnish

Two days in advance combine the first 5 ingredients in a large plastic container. Stir well, cover and freeze. (Mixture will freeze to a slushy consistency.) To Serve: wet rims of glasses with lime juice, coat rims in salt, fill glasses with lime juice, coat rims in salt, fill glasses with margarita mix and garnish with a lime slice.

"Nibblin' on sponge cake, watchin' the sun bake, all of these tourists covered with oil, strummin' my six-string, on my front porch swing, smell them shrimp their beginning to boil. Wastin' away again in Margaritaville, searching for my lost shaker of salt, some people claim that theres a woman to blame, but I know it's my own damn fault."-Jimmy Buffet

No comments:

Post a Comment