About Me

My photo
I am a simple country girl who loves life and lives it to the fullest. I cook for one of the greatest families ever. Cooking is my passion and I consider it as well to be my gift.

Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

FROZEN STRAWBERRY MARGARITA PIE

This little number is always a hit in any kind of weather. It tastes of freshness....

1 large graham cracker crust
3 1/2 cups halved strawberries
1 tablespoon of freshly grated lime zest
1/4 cup fresh lime juice
1 can sweetened condensed milk
2 tablespoons tequila
2 tablespoons tequila
2 tablespoons triple sec
1 1/2 cups chilled heavy cream

Puree the strawberries in a blender with everything but the heavy cream until smooth, pour into a large bowl. Beat cream in bowl of electric mixer and beat just until it holds stiff peaks. Fold 1/3 of cream into strawberry mixture gently but thoroughly, then fold in remainder in 2 batches. Pour into crust, mounding slightly, and freeze, uncovered, until firm, about 4 hours. Remove from freezer and let soften in refrigerator about 40 minutes before serving (should be semisoft.) Garnish with strawberries to serve.
Serves: 8 to 10

"One reason I don't drink is that I want to know when I am having a good time." ~Lady Astor

No comments:

Post a Comment