About Me

My photo
I am a simple country girl who loves life and lives it to the fullest. I cook for one of the greatest families ever. Cooking is my passion and I consider it as well to be my gift.

Search This Blog

Sunday, February 21, 2010

OVEN-FRIED CHICKEN with HONEY-BUTTER SAUCE

A basting mixture of honey, butter, and lemon juice gives this chicken a golden color and sweet flavor. A personal favorite.

1 cup all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons paprika
2 teaspoons salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 (3 1/2 to 4lb.) chicken, cut up
3/4 cup butter, melted and divided
1/4 cup lemon juice
1/4 cup honey

Combine first 4 ingredients; dredge chicken in flour mixture. Place 1/2 cup butter in a shallow roasting pan. Ad chicken, turning to coat. Bake, uncovered, skin side down, at 400 degrees for 30 minutes.

Combine remaining 1/4 cup butter, lemon juice and honey. Turn chicken; pour honey mixture over chicken. Bake, uncovered, 20 minutes more or until chicken is done, basting frequently with honey mixture.
Yield: 4 servings

"I never met a fried chicken I didn't like."~Adele Forbes

No comments:

Post a Comment