About Me

My photo
I am a simple country girl who loves life and lives it to the fullest. I cook for one of the greatest families ever. Cooking is my passion and I consider it as well to be my gift.

Search This Blog

Monday, February 8, 2010

POTATO PIZZA FOR BREAKFAST (Dated Nov. 26th, 2009)

Quick, simple, delicious!

1 (26oz.) pkg. frozen country-style shredded potatoes, thawed
8 large eggs
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1/2 cup milk
Toppings: sliced green onions, chopped green pepper, chopped ham, cooked and crumbled bacon
1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese

Combine potatoes and 1 egg; spread on a lightly greased 14-inch pizza pan. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake at 400 degrees on lowest position of oven rack for 25 minutes.
Combine remaining 7 eggs and milk in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at HIGH 3 minutes; stir. Microwave 2 additional minutes.
Spread cooked eggs evenly over potato mixture; top with choice of assorted toppings. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes.
Serves 8.

"That was where my dream began to take hold, of not havin' to pick cotton and potatoes, and not havin' to be uncomfortable, too hot or too cold. That in itself had driven me to try to find some better way of life."-Buck Owens

1 comment:

  1. Wow girly!!! Love the idea of this one! Will try! Need to start cooking!!!

    ReplyDelete