About Me

My photo
I am a simple country girl who loves life and lives it to the fullest. I cook for one of the greatest families ever. Cooking is my passion and I consider it as well to be my gift.

Search This Blog

Sunday, February 14, 2010

PASTA PRIMAVERA

This is one of our top 5 pasta dishes ever. I guarantee that if you try it, it will be yours as well. Serve with a green salad and some crusty bread.

1 cup whipping cream
1/2 lb. fresh snow pea pods, trimmed
1/2 lb. fresh mushrooms, sliced
1 sweet red pepper, cut into julienne strips
1 small yellow squash, thinly sliced
1 cup small broccoli florets
3 Tbsp. melted butter
1 Tbsp. canola oil
1 (16oz.) pkg. linguine
1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
freshly ground pepper to taste

Heat whipping cream in a small saucepan over low heat until warm Set aside.
Saute vegetables in butter and oil in a large skillet until almost crisp-tender.
Add cream, cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, 5 minutes or until slightly thickened.

Cook linguine according to package directions; drain well. Place on a large serving platter. Top with vegetable mixture and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and pepper, toss gently. Serve immediately.
Serves: 4 to 6

"Life is a combination of magic and pasta."
Federico Fellini

No comments:

Post a Comment