About Me

My photo
I am a simple country girl who loves life and lives it to the fullest. I cook for one of the greatest families ever. Cooking is my passion and I consider it as well to be my gift.

Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

PUMPKIN PECAN SAUCE

Decorative jars of this spiced topping will make welcome holiday gifts for your friends and family.

1 cup chopped pecans
2 Tbsp. butter, melted
1 1/2 cups maple syrup
1/4 cup half-and-half
1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
2 tsp. ground cinnamon
3/4 tsp. ground ginger
1 (16oz.) can pumpkin

Cook pecans in butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly, until toasted. Stir in syrup and remaining ingredients; cook 4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve warm over ice cream, pancakes, french toast, or waffles. Store sauce in refrigerator up to 1 week.
Yield: 4 cups

"I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself, than be crowded on a velvet cushion.~Henry David Thoreau

No comments:

Post a Comment