About Me

My photo
I am a simple country girl who loves life and lives it to the fullest. I cook for one of the greatest families ever. Cooking is my passion and I consider it as well to be my gift.

Search This Blog

Monday, February 15, 2010

GRANDFATHER SHRIMP

Pickled shrimp of any variety flips my trigger but when you add tarragon vinegar, horseradish and mustard to the mixture it really gets me going. Serve with toasted sesame crackers.

1 1/3 cups olive oil
2/3 cup tarragon vinegar
1/2 teaspoon each of salt and pepper
1/4 teaspoon paprika
1 clove garlic, mashed
1 large sweet onion, chopped
1 tablespoon German-style mustard
3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
2 tablespoons horseradish
1 teaspoon ground thyme
1 1/2 to 2 lbs. large shrimp, cooked and peeled

Mix everything except the shrimp in a blender. Pour this mixture over the shrimp and marinate overnight in the refrigerator.

"I only went out for a walk and finally concluded to stay out till sundown, for going out, I found, was really going in."~John Muir, 1913, in L.M. Wolfe, ed., John Muir, John of the Mountains: The Unpublished Journals of John Muir, 1938

No comments:

Post a Comment