About Me

My photo
I am a simple country girl who loves life and lives it to the fullest. I cook for one of the greatest families ever. Cooking is my passion and I consider it as well to be my gift.

Search This Blog

Saturday, February 13, 2010

OVEN-ROASTED ASPARAGUS IN WALNUT OIL

I love asparagus any way that you cook it, but I especially love it roasted. Nut oils are very flavorful as is toasted sesame oil. Either will work well in this enthusiastic dish.

2 dozen asparagus spears, washed & dried on paper towels
walnut oil
salt & freshly ground pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Snap off tough ends of asparagus. Trim the lower third of the ends with a vegetable peeler, as you would a carrot. Toss them on a baking sheet in enough of the walnut oil to cover. Place in a single layer on same sheet and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake for 10 minutes or until just crisp-tender. Do not over cook, no one likes for his spear to be wilted.
Serves 2

"He who boils asparagus and then fries them in fat, adding egg yolks and powdered condiments, and eats this dish daily, will see his desire and his powers considerably fortified."~Sheikh Nefzawi from 'The Perfumed Garden'

No comments:

Post a Comment