About Me

My photo
I am a simple country girl who loves life and lives it to the fullest. I cook for one of the greatest families ever. Cooking is my passion and I consider it as well to be my gift.

Search This Blog

Monday, February 15, 2010

Jack Daniels Beef Jerky

I found this recipe on the Internet and I could literally taste it as I was reading it. A Sargent in the USMC had posted it. I don't think he would mind my sharing it with all of you. And if anybody ventures to make it please send or bring me some!

1/2 cup onion
2 tbl. spoons olive oil
1 cup katchup
1/2 cup apple cider vinager (1 cup for stronger flavor)
1 cup Jack Daniels
1 cup brown sugar
2 tbl. spoons worcestershire sauce
3 tbl. spoons chili powder
2 tbl. spoons Tony's Creole seasoning
1 tea spoon thyme
1 tea spoon sage
1 tea spoon garlic powder
3 tbl. spoons Chipotle-Rasberry sauce
2 tbl. spoons lime juice
pepper to taste

Saute onions in oil until soft. Add other ingredients. Stir. Bring to boil, reduce heat. Simmer until thick (30 min).

As for meat, I used Costco brand (Kirkland) Beef Round Top Round Roast steaks.

Like I said, it came out quite delicious. Thought you might share this and give me some feedback.

Thanks again,
Chad Cada
SGT., USMC

"I believe that there is a subtle magnetism in Nature, which, if we unconsciously yield to it, will direct us aright."~Henry David Thoreau

No comments:

Post a Comment