About Me

My photo
I am a simple country girl who loves life and lives it to the fullest. I cook for one of the greatest families ever. Cooking is my passion and I consider it as well to be my gift.

Search This Blog

Monday, February 8, 2010

GERMAN POTATO SALAD

Sharon Buchanan Fitzwater February 7 at 1:14pm
Here's another of my recipes sweetie. Everyone always wants me to bring it to any church gathering or family get together.

10 med. potatoes (washed and sliced 1/2" thick)
1 lb. bacon (chopped into 1" pieces, before frying)
1 med. sweet onion (peeled and diced)
1 cup water
1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
6 Tbsp. sugar
3 heaping Tbsp. plain flour
1 Tbsp. salt
1/2 tsp. black pepper

Boil potatoes on high until fork tender. Fry bacon on med. heat while potatoes are boiling. When bacon is crisp, remove from pan and place on paper towel. Remove all but 1/3 cup of bacon grease. Fry onion 'til transparent in bacon grease. Mix dry ingredients in a 2 cup liquid measuring cup. Pour water/vinegar (mixed) over dry ingredients stirring constantly with whisk. Pour this mixture into pan with onion and cook 'til thickened. Drain potatoes and put into a casserole dish. Pour "gravy" over potatoes. Sprinkle bacon on top. Eat while warm.

Very good.

No comments:

Post a Comment