About Me

My photo
I am a simple country girl who loves life and lives it to the fullest. I cook for one of the greatest families ever. Cooking is my passion and I consider it as well to be my gift.

Search This Blog

Monday, February 1, 2010

REUBEN DIP WITH RYE TOAST (Dated Nov. 24th, 2009)

Jeri Bracey's birthday is today and I would like to dedicate this recipe to her. I don't know her that well, yet, but we do take water aerobics together and she has the most effervescent personality that is truly addictive. I look forward to getting to know you better Jeri. Enjoy this recipe. It is one of my favorites. The classic Reuben sandwich gets gussied up for a party in this warm dip.

1 (14.5 oz.) can sauerkraut
4 oz. thinly sliced, cooked, corrned beef
1/2 cup sour cream
1 1/2 Tbsp. ketchup
1 Tbsp. spicy brown mustard
2 tsp. chopped onion
1 (8oz.) pkg. cream cheese, softened
1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
Jewish rye bread, cut into 2-inch strips and toasted

Place sauerkraut in a wire strainer; press with back of a large spoon to remove liquid. Coarsely chop sauerkraut and set aside. Position knife blade in food processor bowl; add corned beef. Process until finely chopped. Add sour cream and next 4 ingredients; process 1 minute, stopping to scrape down sides.
Sprinkle Swiss cheese over bottom of a lightly greased 8-inch square baking dish. Layer sauerkraut over cheese; top with corned beef mixture. Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake 5 more minutes. Serve warm with toast strips.
Yield: 4 1/2 cups

"There are big ships and small ships. But the best ship of all is friendship." ~Author Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment