About Me

My photo
I am a simple country girl who loves life and lives it to the fullest. I cook for one of the greatest families ever. Cooking is my passion and I consider it as well to be my gift.

Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

PRALINE PECAN FUDGE (Dated Dec.,11th, 2009)

I make this fudge every year at Christmas and share it with my friends and clients. Everybody loves it. It is as rich as Ritchie Rich and easy to make. If you don't want to use the liqueur substitute 1 tsp. Watkins butter pecan extract.

2 sticks butter
3 cups sugar
5 oz. evaporated milk
1 (12oz.) pkg. semisweet chocolate chips
1 Tbsp. pure vanilla extract
1 (7oz.) jar marshmallow cream
1/2 oz. praline liqueur
1 cup chopped roasted pecans

Line a 9X13-inch baking dish with aluminum foil, making sure that the inside of the dish is covered in foil. In a heavy large pot, melt butter over medium-high heat. Stir in sugar and milk. Bring to a rolling boil then reduce heat to a simmer and cook 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Do not allow it to burn, just keep stirring it. Remove from heat, and add remaining ingredients, stirring constantly. It should be creamy and slightly thickened. Pour into foil-lined baking dish and allow to cool. Cut into 1-inch squares.

COOKS NOTE: I keep mine in the refrigerator as we like it cold, but you don't have to refrigerate it.

"Families are like fudge, mostly sweet with a few nuts."-anon

No comments:

Post a Comment