About Me

My photo
I am a simple country girl who loves life and lives it to the fullest. I cook for one of the greatest families ever. Cooking is my passion and I consider it as well to be my gift.

Search This Blog

Monday, February 1, 2010

CHICKEN-N-DUMPLING SOUP

I love this soup...you will too...

12 ounces boneless chicken strips for stir-frying
1 tablespoon olive oil or cooking oil
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon dried marjoram, crushed
2 14-ounce cans chicken broth
1 medium onion, cut into wedges
1 cup fresh green beans, trimmed and halved
1 cup purchased julienne or coarsely shredded carrots
2/3 cup reduced-fat packaged biscuit mix
1/3 cup yellow cornmeal
1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cup milk
1 cup water
Salt and pepper

In a mixing bowl combine biscuit mix, cornmeal, and cheese. Stir in milk just until mixture is moistened. Drop batter by spoonfuls onto hot liquid, making 8 dumplings. Return to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, for 10 to 12 minutes until dumplings test done. (Do not lift cover while simmering.) Makes 4 servings


“Chickens don't praise their own soup” Martinican Proverb

No comments:

Post a Comment