About Me

My photo
I am a simple country girl who loves life and lives it to the fullest. I cook for one of the greatest families ever. Cooking is my passion and I consider it as well to be my gift.

Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

PRALINE SWEET POTATO CASSEROLE

If you love a rich, silky praline as i always have, then you will most definately love this take on the sweet potato casserole.

4 cups mashed cooked sweet potato
1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/3 cup half-and-half
3 Tbsp. butter, melted
2 tsp. brandy extract
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. grated orange peel
1/2 tsp. each of ground cinnamon and ginger
1/4 tsp. ground allspice
1/8 tsp. black pepper
1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1/2 stick butter, melted
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon

Combine first 11 ingredients; spoon into a lightly greased 11-X-7-inch baking dish.
Combine the 1/3 cup brown sugar and remaining 3 ingredients; sprinkle evenly over potato mixture. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Serves 8

"I'm at last able to stretch out on my patio in southern Germany on an afternoon of rare sunlight on the Swabian Alb, and have opened your book like a box of fine pralines, full of anticipation and the sure knowledge that I have made an excellent purchase!" -Gabriele Glang, artist and writer; the book: "Tea with Sister Anna: A Paris Journal", by Susan Gilbert Harvey
Delete Post

No comments:

Post a Comment