About Me

My photo
I am a simple country girl who loves life and lives it to the fullest. I cook for one of the greatest families ever. Cooking is my passion and I consider it as well to be my gift.

Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

SPICY CHEESE LOAF-BREAD MACHINE

All of my neighbors here in Carey's Flat, USA, love this bread. Steve and Revonda Granger of Shelby, have a cabin on one of the lakes below us and every time he knows that he's coming this way he will call and say, "Hello darling, we're headed your way. You think you might could make me one of them there Spicy Cheese Loafs?" And I do. This bread makes a great sandwich of any kind and is really good with a big ol' thick sirloin steak, baked potato, and a salad with Larry's Favorite Dressing.

1 cup water
1 tablespoon butter
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
3 cups bread flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon dry mustard
1/2 tsp. black pepper
1/2 cup shredded cheddar or other cheese
2 teaspoons bread machine yeast or active-dry yeast

Place water, butter and Worcestershire sauce in bread machine loaf pan. Add remaining ingredients in the order listed. Place in bread machine and select the regular cycle, which is normally a 3 hour period of time. When done, remove from bread machine and allow to cool for about 5 minutes, then remove from pan.

“I don't even butter my bread; I consider that cooking”~Shannon 'Shan' Phillips (gotcha)

No comments:

Post a Comment