About Me

My photo
I am a simple country girl who loves life and lives it to the fullest. I cook for one of the greatest families ever. Cooking is my passion and I consider it as well to be my gift.

Search This Blog

Friday, January 8, 2010

YUMMY BRUSSEL SPROUTS

A lady that I cooked for in Linville Resorts shared this recipe years ago. If you like Brussel sprouts, you'll love this recipe.

1 large sweet onion
1 lb. brussel sprouts
1/2 stick of butter
1 cup chopped pecans
1 tsp. salt 1/2 tsp. pepper
Cut onion in half and then slice thin. Slice brussel sprouts thin. Place each in seperate plastic bags and refrigerate overnight, or 8 hours.
Melt butter in skillet, add pecans and saute 5 minutes or until nice and toasted, do not burn. Remove from the skillet and add the onions and cook until caramelized, 8 minutes or so. Return pecans to the skillet along with the brussel sprouts and cook 3to 4 minutes.

Serves 8

"A fruit is a vegetable with looks and money. Plus, if you let fruit rot, it turns into wine, something Brussels sprouts never do." ~P.J. O'Rourke

No comments:

Post a Comment