About Me

My photo
I am a simple country girl who loves life and lives it to the fullest. I cook for one of the greatest families ever. Cooking is my passion and I consider it as well to be my gift.

Search This Blog

Sunday, January 17, 2010

TASTY TOMATO RELISH

This is for Lauren Peters

32 medium tomatoes; 12 medium onions-finely chopped; 3 red peppers- finely chopped; 3 green peppers-finely chopped; 3 Tbsp. Salt; 2 cups firmly packed brown sugar; 2 cups vinegar; 1 Tbsp ground cinnamon; 1 1/2 tsps. each of ground cloves and allspice.

Peel, core, and chop tomatoes. Combine tomatoes, onion, peppers, and salt in large pot. Bring to boil, reduce heat to medium, cook uncovered 25 minutes. Add remaining ingredients, reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, 1 1/2 hours to 2 hours until thickened. Pack while still hot into hot jars, leaving 1/2-inch headspace; cover at once with metal lids; screw on bands. Process in boiling water bath 20 minutes. 12 pints

“Celebrate the happiness that friends are always giving, make every day a holiday and celebrate just living!”~Amanda Bradley

No comments:

Post a Comment