About Me

My photo
I am a simple country girl who loves life and lives it to the fullest. I cook for one of the greatest families ever. Cooking is my passion and I consider it as well to be my gift.

Search This Blog

Sunday, January 17, 2010

GRILLED AHI TUNA

Fresh ginger, cilantro, soy sauce, and brown sugar makes the sauce for this tuna exceptionally delicious.

2 to 4 (4 ro 6 oz.) Ahi tuna steaks, about 1-inch thick; 2 tsp. Extra virgin olive oil; salt and pepper to taste; 1 Tbsp. Canola oil; 2 Tbsp. peeled and finely chopped fresh ginger; 1 cup chopped fresh cilantro; 2 Tbsp. Soy sauce; 1 Tbsp. Light brown sugar; 1/4 cup water.

Rinse the tuna steaks under cold running water and pat dry. Rub with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Preheat grill or broiler.

Prepare Sauce: Heat the oil in a small skillet over medium-high heat and add the ginger. Stir fry for 1 minute then add cilantro and fry another minute. Mix in soy sauce, sugar and water and cook for 1 minute over high heat. Remove from heat. Grill steaks over high heat or broil to desired doneness. Spoon sauce over and serve immediately with sugar snap peas and candied carrots. Serves 2 to 4

“I was eating tuna four times a week,”~ Daphne Zuniga

No comments:

Post a Comment