About Me

My photo
I am a simple country girl who loves life and lives it to the fullest. I cook for one of the greatest families ever. Cooking is my passion and I consider it as well to be my gift.

Search This Blog

Sunday, January 17, 2010

APPLE KNOCKERS

Serve this in your punch bowl for Halloween. It will warm up your guests and make your kitchen smell wonderful.

3 cinnamon sticks 2 tsp. whole cloves 1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg; 1/2 gallon apple cider; 1/4 to 1 cup sugar; 2 cups orange juice; 1/2 cup lemon juice; 1 cup any fruit flavored brandy (optional).

Tie spices in cheesecloth or a tea ball. Simmer cider and sugar with spices for 15 minutes. Remove spices and add juices and brandy. Heat for 10 more minutes and serve.

“I think a lot more people are getting into Halloween because it's the one time of year where adults can be kids.”~Craig McDonald

No comments:

Post a Comment