About Me

My photo
I am a simple country girl who loves life and lives it to the fullest. I cook for one of the greatest families ever. Cooking is my passion and I consider it as well to be my gift.

Search This Blog

Friday, January 8, 2010

STRAWBERRY BAKED HAM

This is my favorite way to cook a big ol' ham. If you don't have any homemade strawberry wine, use Boone's Farm brand.

One 5 to 6-lb. smoked ham
1 cup fresh strawberries-halved
1 1/2 cup strawberry wine
1 1/2 cup water
2 Tbsp. creole mustard

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place the ham in large roaster and place the strawberries over the surface of the ham. Mix the remaining ingredients and pour over the top of the ham. Bake for 1 hour, basting every 20 minutes.
When ham has finished cooking, allow to cool some then slice. Serve with:

STRAWBERRY SAUCE
1 pint fresh whole strawberries
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup strawberry wine

Mix all ingredients together in pan and cook over low heat until thickened, will take an hour or two. Stir occasionally, and when sauce thickens enough for your desired taste, mash just a little with a potato masher. Will keep in refrigerator for several weeks. That is if it lasts that long. Worth the effort.

"I cook with wine. Sometimes I even add it to the food."~W. C. Fields

No comments:

Post a Comment