About Me

My photo
I am a simple country girl who loves life and lives it to the fullest. I cook for one of the greatest families ever. Cooking is my passion and I consider it as well to be my gift.

Search This Blog

Sunday, January 17, 2010

SPINACH LASAGNA

This is our favorite lasagna.


1 box "no boil" lasagna, 2 Tbsp. Olive oil, 3/4 cup chopped onions, 3 cloves garlic-minced, 2 jars tomato and basil pasta sauce, 1 15oz. Ricotta cheese, 20 oz. Frozen chopped spinach-thawed and well drained, 4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese-divided, 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, 2 eggs-beaten, 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley.

In large saucepan add onion and garlic to hot oil and cook until tender. Stir in spaghetti sauce and simmer 15 minutes. Combine ricotta, spinach, 1/2 cup mozzarella and all Parmesan and eggs. In large baking dish layer 2 cups sauce, half the lasagna, half the remaining sauce, all the spinach, half the remaining mozzarella, lasagna and sauce. Cover with foil, bake at 350 degrees about 45 minutes. Uncover. Top with mozzarella and parsley. Bake 15 more minutes. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting.

"I never met a Spinach Lasagna that I did not like."~Adele Forbes

No comments:

Post a Comment