About Me

My photo
I am a simple country girl who loves life and lives it to the fullest. I cook for one of the greatest families ever. Cooking is my passion and I consider it as well to be my gift.

Search This Blog

Sunday, January 17, 2010

PERFECT PRIME RIB

A different but very tasty prime rib.

1 (4 to 6) lb. rib roast
1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp. garlic powder
3 Tbsp. cracked pepper
2 (4lb.) pkgs. rock salt
1/2 cup water

Brush roast with Worcestershire sauce; sprinkle with garlic powder. Rub pepper on all sides. Pour rock salt to depth of 1/2-inch in a disposable aluminum pan. Add roast. Add remaining rock salt to cover roast. Sprinkle with water. Bake at 500 degrees for 12 minutes per pound. Crack salt with a hammer, remove roast, brush away salt.

"One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well."-Virginia Wolfe

No comments:

Post a Comment